Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Homeland: Nigeria

December 19, 2009 my family and I went on a trip to Nigeria for Christmas break. This was not my first time going but I can vaguely remember it. At first I didn't want to go because i didn't know what to expect but the experience i received from this trip was amazing. I learned new things about my culture, saw family members that I haven't seen in years and others that I was meeting for the first time. It really bothers me when people talk about Africa and poverty because majority of those people have never been there themselves to see it first hand like I was lucky enough to experience. I honestly do not wanna go to Nigeria soon because I know how much i will miss home again but further into the future when I have a chance I look forward to going back to visit my people.

1 comment: